Friday, December 16, 2011

Fall and Your Priorities


It is almost winter and I would like to know how you are doing with your fall/winter training plan. As a full time Nissan parts manager, an avid road and mountain bike racer, and a coach, I keep a very "full time" schedule. On top of that I run the Nissan parts website www.nissanpartsnow.com for all of our worldwide Nissan customers. Sometimes it is a challenge to juggle everything I do. So getting to the point of this article, how are your priorities arranged? First, most of us work full time jobs and that is probably close to the top of your list. But, besides family and work, how are your cycling priorities arranged? What is most important for you with cycling right now? Is it a new bike, a bike fit, simply setting aside time to train, or being lazy and chilling this winter? What we do now will be crucial to our upcoming season goals. Decide what you need to do over the next 3 or 4 months so your next season is a success. Get off that couch if you chose the last option as your fall and winter training plan. Something I do around November is to write down all my season goals, my strengths and weaknesses, race dates that are already published (or ones that typically run the same weekend every year), and my current weight (and a goal weight if I need to add or lose pounds). Let's get ready for a great season with some time set aside now to lay out a success plan. Then get out there and train smart.

Best of luck in in the new year





No comments:

Post a Comment