Saturday, March 12, 2011

Wow! Winter Base and SST workouts kick tail!

January 26, 2023

Sweet Spot Training is so Sweet!



Just a quick blog today. 

Winter base built a strong foundation. SST (Sweet Spot Training) and FTP work for two weeks solidified all the winter work I did. I am 57 years old. I just tested my 20 minute power at 270 watts! My best in the past 5 years. My previous best was a test of 292 watts, but I weighed 7 lbs more. So now I am lighter and strong, meaning my watts per kg is higher. I couldn't be happier. All that hard work is paying off. Now I am starting spring training with my "foundation of stone". I can now build off of the foundation with confidence.

The importance of a year round training program can not be stressed enough. Don't you want to build off of last years fitness though the winter with a sensible base program, then come out in spring just as strong as when you ended race season and build to a new personal best? Now you can start VO2 Max and Anaerobic Capacity, more FTP work and be ready for a strong season. We can find any weak areas and fill the holes in your fitness with targeted workouts to make you a strong all around rider.


Happy riding. Train smart, work hard, it pays off.






No comments:

Post a Comment